Here’s the short version:
I accidentally added some irrelevant tags to 500 photographs in BreezeBrowser because I didn’t understand the meaning of a button. Ouch. So I went into MediaDex and batch removed them. When I restarted BreezeBrowser the deleted keywords were still attached to the photos. When I went into Adobe Organizer the keywords were gone. In ACDSee Pro they were gone. In XnView they were gone. Only still alive and kicking in BreezeBrowser.
BreezeBrowser also accepts captions that show up in ACDSee Pro (JPG’s only) and Adobe Elements but not in XnView or MediaDex. Anything I delete on TIFF’s in BreezeBrowser does not delete in ACDSee Pro, but it does delete on JPG’s.
It looks like it might be consistently compatible with Adobe Elements (TIFF’s and JPG’s anyway) but missing the boat on some other essential factor that makes the other ones work with each other.
Even if I could forgive all that … which I can’t … the working arrangement is the most ridiculously inefficient layout I’ve ever seen. It looks so good; it’s hard to believe it can be as bad as it is.
I tried to prove myself wrong for about 6 hours and finally gave up. If you have less than 100 photos, you might survive. Otherwise, run for your life!
Next stop: Photo Mechanic